Third Response to:[ifwp] Re: Users need to be able to speak for themselves(Was: Re:Position of SOs)

Alex and all,

Alex Kamantauskas wrote:

> On Fri, 4 Dec 1998, Jeff Williams wrote:
>
> > Alex and all,
> >
> >   It was for statewide and national.  Some local governments, city and
> > county do this as well in Texas and quite a few other states.
> > Minnisota for example, is one that I am familiar with.  I am supprised
> > how ignorant folks are of this myself.
> >

> They are probably ignorant of this because it isn't true, at least
> according to the Office of the Secretary of State of Texas and the Federal
> Election Commission.

  Possible, but not likely.  If you have read my "Second Response" to this
thread,
you catch my meaning a bit more clearly.  Our information is quite the opposite
from what you assert here, not to mention that there is some slight difference
in you first response the first time around on this thread.

> Elizabeth Hanshaw (ehanshaw@sos.state.tx.us) states, "Texas does not have
> internet voting".  When asked if they did in 1996, she said, "No, never".

  This is not our information.  So I suppose we have conflicting information.

> Asked if there were any other states that allow voting over the Internet,
> she said, "We know of no other states that uses Internet voting for
> official voting.  You may wish to contact the Federal Elections Commission
> at 1-800-424-9530".

  See my "Second Response" to this statement.

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1894