Perminant DOmain Names? Was:[ifwp] Re: Who is on the list

Joop and all,

  All interesting developments in formations of model ideas.  We have one
as well that takes into account trademark concerns as well.

  For instance IBM has IBM.com and IBM.net tiled a trademarks as well
as Domain names.  It is likely that whatever new gTLD's are added
to the DNS root IBM will no doubt trademark domain names in those
name spaces as well.  So as a result, IBM owns those trademarks and really
as a consequence of property law and intellectual property law IBM also
permanently owns those Domain manes as well.

  Therefore we would propose that NSI take the lead here and offer
for sale Permanent ownership of a domain name once it is trademarked
of give a grace period should the customer, at the time of registration
indicate the intent to trademark that domain name. Or possibly in
addition offer that as a service as part of a permanent domain name sale
to any customer.  This could also be offered as a policy as a optional
service that registrars be required to offer.  Comments?