of ICANN Board seat 13 in April - May 2003
Nomination of candidates for the GNSO ICANN Board seat 13.
Call for nominations by members of the GNSO Council
(3) In carrying out their responsibilities to fill Seats 9 through 14, the Supporting Organizations shall seek to ensure that the ICANN Board is composed of members that in the aggregate display diversity in geography, culture, skills, experience, and perspective, by applying the criteria set forth in Section 3 of this Article. At any given time, no two Directors selected by a Supporting Organization shall be citizens of the same country or of countries located in the same Geographic Region.
Nominations should be e-mailed to the DNSO Secretariat at the following email address: email@example.com
Each nomination must be accompanied by a brief description of how the candidate meets the following
Section 3. CRITERIA FOR SELECTION OF DIRECTORS ICANN
Directors shall be:
- Accomplished persons of integrity, objectivity, and intelligence, with reputations for sound judgment and open minds, and a demonstrated capacity for thoughtful group decision-making;
- Persons with an understanding of ICANN's mission and the potential impact of ICANN decisions on the global Internet community, and committed to the success of ICANN;
- Persons who will produce the broadest cultural and geographic diversity on the Board consistent with meeting the other criteria set forth in this Section;
- Persons who, in the aggregate, have personal familiarity with the operation of gTLD registries and registrars; with ccTLD registries; with IP address registries; with Internet technical standards and protocols; with policy-development procedures, legal traditions, and the public interest; and with the broad range of business, individual, academic, and non-commercial users of the Internet;
- Persons who are willing to serve as volunteers, without compensation other than the reimbursement of certain expenses; and
- Persons who are able to work and communicate in written and spoken English.
Section 4. ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
1. Notwithstanding anything herein to the contrary, no official of a national government or a multinational entity established by treaty or other agreement between national governments may serve as a Director. As used herein, the term "official" means a person (i) who holds an elective governmental office or (ii) who is employed by such government or multinational entity and whose primary function with such government or entity is to develop or influence governmental or public policies.
2. No person who serves in any capacity (including as a liaison) on any Supporting Organization Council shall simultaneously serve as a Director or liaison to the Board. If such a person accepts a nomination to be considered for selection by the Supporting Organization Council to be a Director, the person shall not, following such nomination, participate in any discussion of, or vote by, the Supporting Organization Council relating to the selection of Directors by the Council, until the Council has selected the full complement of Directors it is responsible for selecting. In the event that a person serving in any capacity on a Supporting Organization Council accepts a nomination to be considered for selection as a Director, the constituency group or other entity that selected the person may select a replacement for purposes of the Council's selection process. (quoted from "http://www.icann.org/general/archive-bylaws/bylaws-25mar03.htm#VI")
Template for nomination:
1a. Full name of the nominee:
1b. E-mail address of the nominee:
1c. Country of citizenship of the nominee
2a. Full name of the nominator:
2b. E-mail address of the nominator:
The Secretariat will confirm the nomination, by sending an e-mail to the candidate requesting their acceptance.
The Secretariat will convey the nomination and the acceptance thereof to the GNSO Council list.
Nominations will be archived at: http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/icann-nominations/Arc04/