Call for comments on WG-C and WG-B reports
In July 1999 the DNSO Names Council set up:
For the last nine months these two working groups have been discussing various aspects of their assigned topics.
In Cairo the ICANN Board has requested the Names Council to provide its recommendations on these topics by 20 April 2000.
On 21 March 2000, two reports were submitted to the Names Council, and published on the DNSO Website.
On 31 March 2000, the Names Council decided to invite the Internet community to comment on these reports and the issues raised by them.
The Names Council will consider the reports and comments submitted on them at its 18 April 2000 meeting. Members of the Internet community are encouraged to submit their comments as far as possible in advance of the 18 April meeting.
Both reports have now been posted on the ICANN web site as well where a web-based public comment forum has been established for each report. To read the reports and comment on them, go to http://www.icann.org/dnso/new-gtlds-01apr00.htm.
Working Group C - new gTLDs.
- 23 October 1999 Interim Report from the Working Group C - new gTLDs
- 23 November 1999 Call for comments on the Interim Report from the WG-C, new gTLDs, open November 17th, closed January 10th, 2000 )
- 21 March 2000 Working Group C consensus report to the Names Council, by Jonathan Weinberg
- 17 April 2000 Addendum to WG-C consensus report to the Names Council, by Jonathan Weinberg
The full archives of the WG-C are on line at:
- http://www.dnso.org/wgroups/wg-c/Arc01/maillist.html (since November 23rd, 1999)
- http://www.dnso.org/wgroups/wg-c/Arc00/maillist.html (July 12th to November 23rd, 1999)
Public comments to Working Group C
- http://www.dnso.org/dnso/dnsocomments/comments-gtlds/Arc01/maillist.html (since 4 April 2000)
- http://www.dnso.org/dnso/dnsocomments/comments-gtlds/Archives/maillist.html (July 1999 to 4 April 2000)
Working Group B - Famous Trade-Marks.
- 21 March 2000 Working Group B status report to the Names Council, by Michael Palage
- 17 April 20000 Working Group B formal report to the Names Council, by Michael Palage, points of agreement and dissension, with 8 annexes
- 19 April 2000 Call for comments on Working Group B formal report to the Names Council