DNSO General Assembly
21 June 2000
VOTING RULES FOR THE DNSO GA
Supersedes Version 0.3
These are the rules for voting in the General Assembly.
- A vote begins when the Chair approves a ballot.
- The ballot is sent to the registered GA voters by the Secretariat.
- The typical amount of time given to reply to a vote is one week.
- In the case of a choice between multiple alternatives, the alternative
with the most votes wins.
- In the case of selecting N candidates from a slate of M, with N < M, the
N top candidates win.
- A runoff ballot may be held if the number of votes for two alternatives
is equal, and this affects the result. Only the two alternatives involved
are inclulded on a runoff ballot.
- In the case where the question is a new rule or rule change for the GA,
the number of votes in favour of the winning alternative must be at least
2/3 of cast votes, with a minimum number of cast votes being the lower of
20% of the registered voters or 100 votes.
- The voters are those who are registered as voters when a vote is first
- The voting roster and a method to register for vote are available in
|© DNSO GA's Chairs