Proposal for mailing list rules for the GA list,|
and the suggested timeline for the further work on this proposal.
17 January 2000
A debate has been going on for some time on the list email@example.com about appropriate
rules of conduct for that list.
This (version 0.2) is the proposal for mailing list rules that we ask the GA to indicate its opinion on.
The next steps of process are:
- Monday, Jan 17: This message and the proposal is posted to the GA list.
It is also posted to the DNSO website
, and to the announce list, as appropriate.
- Joop Ternstra will mail instructions on how to to
participate in the opinion poll, conducted using his polling booth at
- The poll runs until Friday, Jan 21, 12:00 UTC. At or soon after that time,
the GA Chair will evaluate the result, and either recommend that the rules
be adopted or that they not be adopted.
- If their adoption is recommended, he will also recommend one or more
sergeants-at-arms, and/or ask for volunteers for this function.
His recommendation will be announced to the list.
- If, after listening to the response to the recommendation, his recommendation
remains the same on Monday, Jan 24, the proposal is put into force.
If this process goes well, this should conclude the work (for now) of adoption of rules for the firstname.lastname@example.org list.
© DNSO GA Chair and Alternate Chair