DNSO Names Council Teleconference on June 11th, 1999
June 3, 1999.
The Names Council (including designated observers from the constituencies that have not yet elected their representatives) will celebrate its first official meeting on June 11th 1999. It will be a closed meeting (teleconference) and its purpose is to create the necessary working groups to deal with the issues referred to the DNSO by the ICANN Board at the Berlin meeting and to organise the structure of the DNSO. All aproved constituencies have been asked to propose names for the working groups. The DNSO bylaws require that members of all constituencies be invited to participate in all working groups. The meeting will not deal with any policy issues.
The agenda for the teleconference is:
1) Adoption of the Agenda. Addition of any issues not added prior to the meeting.
2) Creation of a Working Group (WG) to study the recommendations in Chapter 3 of the WIPO Report.
3) Review if a WG can be setup to study the recommendations in Chapter 4 of the WIPO Report. Creation of the WG if it is ready.
4) Review if a WG can be setup to study the introduction of new gTLDs. Creation of the WG if it is ready.
5) Review if a WG can be setup to study the Business Plan for the DNSO and Internal Procedures. Creation of the WG if it is ready.
6) Review if a WG can be setup to study Global Outreach and Awareness. Creation of the WG if it is ready.
7) Preparation of a Calendar to meet the deadlines set by the ICANN Board.
8) Reports from constituencies which have not yet elected their provisional Names Council representatives. Developments in other constituencies.
9) Other administrative matters of the provisional Names Council.
||© DNSO Names Council