[comments-wipo] Entertainment Use of domain names

If this is not the appropriate email address, I would very much appreciate
you forwarding this message to the appropriate department.

My name is Christine Morigi and I am Director of Legal Administration for
Studios USA, a division of USA Networks.  Part of my job involves script
clearances for several top-rated television shows.

During my script review, I have the luxury of knowing that if a telephone
number needs to be mentioned, using the "555" prefix offers our writers the
confidence that they will not be infringing on anyone by inadvertently using
a real telephone number.  Many of our scripts now include the use of email
addresses, web addresses, etc.  Often, it takes us days to find available
names, reserve them, etc., and we only need them for one show or one film.
Occasionally we have to compromise on the script, as the names we would like
to have used are taken.

Is there any intent on the part of your organization to create a fictitious
domain, similar to the telephone company's "555" accommodation?  We are
looking for something that can be used by writers, producers, etc., for
inclusion in movies, TV, etc.

I would appreciate your thoughts or comments.  If you wish to speak to me, I
can be reached at 310.360.2536.

Thanks you.