[comments-whois]

[comments-whois] First Amendment Rights

As a US citizen that enjoys the right of free speech, I am protected by laws
that guarantee my right to anonymity.  The Supreme Court has recognized a
First Amendment right to anonymous speech.  If I choose to distribute
handbills in the exercise of free speech, I am not required to abide by those
ordinances that would seek to impose upon me "registration" requirements.  By
the same token, if I maintain a website that serves as a soapbox for such
free speech, my anonymity as a publisher is also protected by the First
Amendment.  You cannot, under current US law, deny me my right to
constitutionally protected anonymity and force me to abide by your demands
for "accuracy".  The failure of this Task Force to even consider US or
European laws on anonymity and privacy is all the more reason to reject these
ill-considered recommendations.