[comments-wgb] Support of "Sunrise Plus Twenty" Proposal

My name is Neal Greenfield.  I am Vice President, Intellectual Property
Services, of ImageLock, Inc, a company which tracks digital assets
throughout the Internet and reports its findings to its clients.  Our
clients are primarily companies which are highly concerned with the
protection of their valuable online properties and the prevention of
confusion and deception of their customers and the general public by those
who infringe or abuse those properties.  For 21 years prior I was in
private law practice representing clients who staked their livelihood and
good will on the integrity of their trademarks and other valuable
intellectual property.  I am also a member of the Special Internet
Committee for the International Trademark Association (INTA) and the
Chairperson of its Domain Name Disputes Resolution Subcommittee, which
reviews domain name conflicts throughout the world.

I have read and support the Sunrise Plus Twenty proposal recently posted on
the WG B  listserv.  There is no question that many persons, upon the
introduction of new gTLDs, will immediately attempt to grab as many domain
names as possible that match or closely resemble well known
trademarks.   Usually it is for the purpose of extorting money from the
trademark owner, diverting potential customers who are looking for the
trademark owner to an e-business site of their own, or otherwise damaging
the good will of the trademark owner.  Trademark rights are recognized in
every country of the world as the greatest assurance that a company's
investment in its names and the confidence consumers require in the
marketplace can be secured.  The Sunrise Plus Twenty proposal gives
trademark owners a chance to protect those interests against those who
would seek personal gain at everyone else's expense.

I request that the Names Counsel recommend this proposal to the ICANN Board
for action at it's next meeting in Yokohama, Japan.

Respectfully Submitted,

Neal Greenfield
VP of Intellectual Property Services
ImageLock.com