[comments-gtlds] I support position paper E

Sunday, January 9, 2000

To  whom it may concern:

I am the Vice President for Indigenous Arts Service Organization of BC
and I am also the Indigenous Peoples, Indigenous Science and Sustainable
Development Project Coordinator for the South Pacific Peoples
Foundation.

It is imperitive that Indigenous Peoples have their own universe
concerning internet domain names.  Furthermore, it is very important
that application for a URL domain name under this new universal
extension be monitored and scrutinized thouroughly.  The reason is for
authenticity.  Names should not be provided just because someone has
applied for it and is paying the money, they must have Indigenous roots,
either by blood or by strong association (i..e. Executive Director of
and Indigenous organization, etc.).

Troy Hunter
Vice President, IASO;
Project Coordinator: SPPF, Indigenous Peoples, Indigenous Science and
Sustainable Development