[comments-gtlds] My Final Comments. (.web...com,...IOD...Namespace etc).....And yes this is my final answer......

I think overall the balance of the arguments for or against new gTLD's have been pretty good...I think for the most part the people have spokenNew gTLD's need to be approved in 2000

Who would make the perfect registrars...I am casting my vote for:  IOD and Namespace and my reason is simple:  They have clearly shown themselves to be credible online businesses....My test for this:  Everything is on the table with them...and nothing is hidden from the consumer......Both have dispute resolution policies in place (a must)...both have the capability for handling a shared registery...I went on Namespace and typed in a .web name that I had purchased and found that it was shown that it belong to me...This provided a sense of confidence in BOTH companies....TO those who have tried to purchase a .web name you wanted that is not available, I can certainly understand your angst...I too felt this way, when in 1996 I went onto the Network Solutions website to register Loans.com and found out that it was taken...Was I a day late and a dollar short or what? Should I have written Network Solutions demanding they clear all domains, so that me and a million other folks who would have liked this domain, have a chance at it???? (my humor is slight here...but hopefully my point well taken).  I realize the dot com gTLD was already uploaded to the root servers at that time, however in a sense they (NetSol) too were taking registrations (pre 1993) for a system that could have went belly up, however to trudge along and (whether you like NetSol or not) they had to have money coming in to keep the sytem going.....Believe it or not (in my own estimation) the internet might not have grown as fast as it did without NetSol...(regardless what you think about their monopoly....Just think what multiple registrars would have done in the early days....It would have been total chaos...They needed to perfect the system and build---then splinter off as it has into a shared registry)....You probably see where I am taking this as IOD and NameSpace had to keep there systems going (which was approved by IANA in the early days).....Would we even be talking about new gTLD's today had these (2) early pioneers not kept a registry going....The answer to that is clear....We might have mentioned it...but without folks that have invested much, both registrants and registrars, .com's would be our only choice for some time to come.........Thank you and good luck to you all....you definitely have your work cut out for you (Working Group C) as in the next few months...many will persuade you with emotional pleas ("My dot com won't survive if new gTLD's come out...."Those damn cybersquatters will ruin everything"...."I didn't get computer.web...and If I don't get it.."    Listen to reason and to both sides.....the truth will prevail......P.S  My opinions are my own and reflect a great deal of research that I have done that has led me to this point.....I too at one time was against new gTLD's coming out.....but once I did some research....and some actual studying on both sides of this issue that as a consumer...I didn't have to have a DOT COM to get my online ventures off the ground......NOTE:   IF YOU WANT TO HAVE A VOICE I SUGGEST TRYING to become a AT LARGE ICANN Member... http://members.icann.org