[comments-gtlds] Should new gTLD's be released"

I am in agreement with the committee's recommendation to release new gTLD's; however,
there is a concern as to how these new domains will be used.  Presently, a review of most
authorized registers of domain names encourage the registrant to not only register the ".com",
but also lock up the other TLD's - i.e. ".net".  Furthermore, many companies are registering the
same name, when possible, under country codes.  The solution is that we need more gTLD's to
accommodate the increasing need for individuals, business, and organization to have a global
presence on the internet.  The question is, will the new gTLD's really make a difference?  Many
of the authorized registers are taking pre-orders for the proposed new gTLD's; its like the US
land race of the late 1800's.  Many who will stake their claim to a name aren't sure why, but are
caught up in the frenzy.  The committee should consider carefully how and when the new gTLD's
are rolled out, but even more importantly, the committee needs to consider what the goal of the
new gTLD's is.

Will simply creating hundreds more gTLD's really solve the problem?

Perhaps it may be time to reconsider the entire naming system on a global level, now why
reconfiguration would be possible, opposed to a few years from now when there will be many
hundreds of millions of registered domains.  The solution is not easy, but if the goal is really to
make domain access on the internet available to everyone, the present system can not handle
a tenth of the global needs.   The release of new gTLD's and the use of .cc's needs structure and
unfortunately restrictions on who can register under what gTLD.  The answer may be found in the
existing structure of how the US Fed Gov't and many States deal with the use of fictitious business
names, corporate names and trademarks.

I don't want to see new laws restricting the internet, but I also recognize the need to have a balance
that allows everyone to participate in this global economic revolution.

I thank you for the opportunity to present my opinion.
Respectfully,
David H. Heemann