[comments-dotorg]

[comments-dotorg] NCDNHC Comments on .org

The Noncommercial Domain Name Holders Constituency
sees the policies in the current draft as a well-crafted balance
of the various constituencies' interests.

We strongly favor a noncommercial management organization
for .org and expect it to be broadly supported by and responsive
to noncommercial Internet users.

As we have made clear on numerous occasions, we oppose
any attempt to restrict registrations in .org or to create
new dispute initiative procedures. We prefer to rely on
marketing practices and end-user choice to differentiate
the domain.

The NCDNHC joins the business constituency in
calling the Board's attention to the competition
policy issues raised by the divestiture of .org.
We urge the Board to increase competition and
diversity and encourage new investment in the
provision of gTLD registry services, by ensuring that
the market position of existing dominant actors are not
entrenched nor enhanced through participation in,
taking an interest in, or contracting to deliver
critical services to, the new .org management
organisation.