[announce]

[announce] RESULTS: Vote on Two motions about ICANN Reform, May 2002

[ To: ga@dnso.org, announce@dnso.org ]
[ To: voters@dnso.org ]

[ cf. http://www.dnso.org/secretariat/b12.results.html ]

                           DNSO General Assembly
        RESULTS of vote on Two motions about ICANN Reform, May 2002

RESULTS of vote on Two motions about ICANN Reform, May 2002

     Re: b12
     http://www.dnso.org/dnso/notes/2002.GA-ICANN-Reform-motions.html

Fundamentals - Two Rules for votes by the GA:

  A. Voting Rules adopted by the GA on 6 July 2000:
     http://www.dnso.org/dnso/notes/2000.GA-voting-rules.html

  B. Election Rules (Instant Runoff) adopted by the GA on 23 March 2001:
     http://www.dnso.org/dnso/notes/2001.GA-chair-election-rules-v0.2.html

Vote Tally:

  1. Electorate: 586 persons in Voting Roster, when the ballot was prepared
     http://www.dnso.org/secretariat/b12.rosterindex.html

  2. Number of ballots received: 218 , Number of casted votes: 433

  3. Participation: 37.2%

  4. Vote results:

     Numbers:

               148 I FOR Motion 1 ("Request to US DoC")
                54 I vote AGAINST Motion 1
                15 I ABSTAIN regarding Motion 1

               164 I vote FOR Motion 2 ("Reform principles")
                33 I vote AGAINST Motion 2
                19 I ABSTAIN regarding Motion 2

               433   TOTAL casted votes

     Percentages:

            67.9% : I FOR Motion 1 ("Request to US DoC")
            24.8% : I vote AGAINST Motion 1
             6.9% : I ABSTAIN regarding Motion 1

            75.2% : I vote FOR Motion 2 ("Reform principles")
            15.1% : I vote AGAINST Motion 2
             8.7% : I ABSTAIN regarding Motion 2

  5. Vote records:

     The calculations using Voting Rules are published in:
     http://www.dnso.org/secretariat/b12.fullrecord.html.

                   Information from:  © DNSO Secretariat