[tor-udrp]

Re: [tor-udrp] UDRP Terms of Reference.DOC

Caroline:
This looks pretty good. I like the breadth of the
committee. (Can we call it a "working group" without
everyone freaking out?) However, it needs more input
from people "external" to the DNSO and the UDRP. What
about adding a couple of independent academic legal
scholars who have written about the UDRP? BTW, how
will the "Complainant" and "Respondent" people be
chosen? And do we really want Complainants and
Respondents, or their lawyers?

The bullet points do exactly what I'd like to
see - provide some specific issues to address.
Thanks for taking my concern into account.

I am becoming concerned about the survey.
Just as you have expressed concern about the balance
of working groups that anyone can join, we should be
concerned about surveys that can be answered by
anyone (multiple times?) and that are not structured
to guarantee a statistically controlled sample of
different populations.

It might be better to just open up a comment board
and allow the committee to read them. What do you
think?

>>> "Chicoine, Caroline G." <CCHICOINE@thompsoncoburn.com> 06/06/01 15:05 PM >>>
Okay guys and gals.  I took my first stab at a terms of reference for the
UDRP Review.  I did my best to incorporate everyone's comments, but I do not
presume I got it right.  I simply ask that everyone be kind in their
criticism.  In particular, Milton, based on your comment at the NC meeting
in Stockholm,I added a section that identifies the issues that we have
already come up with that need to be addressed.  Is this what you were
looking for?

As you will note, I have indicated that the process of creating the Task
Force should start June 15th a little over a week from today).  I would
therefore welcome your comments and suggestions as soon as possible so we
can have a finalized version we all agree on by then.  We can of course push
the schedule back, but I find that people (i.e., me) tend to take longer to
respond if given the option.

 <<UDRP Terms of Reference.DOC>>