From: Chicoine, Caroline G. [mailto:CCHICOINE@thompsoncoburn.com]
Sent: Friday, May 04, 2001 1:24 PM
To: 'Milton Mueller'; kstubbs@corenic.org; orobles@nic.mx;
mueller@syracuse.edu; Chicoine, Caroline G.; 'MSapiro@netsol.com'
Cc: 'Elisabeth Porteneuve'
Subject: RE: UDRP interim committee

Milton, the raw data could be helpful. We can take a look at it when it is
availble and see if and how it might fit in with our review. I As we all
know, statistics can be interpreted in more than one way, and we need to
ensure no biases are injecting in the process.  Just look at the economy and
the way investors can read the numbers in conflicting ways.

I was suggesting the questionnaire as a means for crystallizing what issues
need to be addressed, and not drawing conclusions from it.  The WGS assigned
to the issues would based on a bottoms up process come up with a conclusion
(and hopefully a consenus-based one).  I too wanted the population to be
defined and thus wanted to limit it to those peoople that have actually used
the UDRP, but also those that affirmnatively decided not to for a particular
reason (the reasons very well may be some of the issues raised in the
NCDNH's respolutions). I did not want this to be an esoteric discussion but
one based on real experiences with the UDRP.

We may also want to look at the results of the WIPO study released in April.

Miriam, Ken, what are your thoughts.

PS, Milton I have emailed Elisabeth to ask whether we can be set up as an
email group so our emails can be archived.