Re: [registrars] WG-B Idea - Thumbs up or Thumbs down

At 00:23 03-05-2000 -0400, Michael D. Palage wrote:
>In light of the discussions last week about new ideas in additional to the
>two Sunrise Proposals (all trademarks v.s. famous trademark list) I have
>been talking to the registrars in attendance about other potential
>solutions. One of the ideas that surfaced is the following. A 30 day waiting
>period after a domain name is registered before it is activated. Therefore
>there is no need for lists or sunrise periods.

The original plan from the IAHC was a 60 day waiting period.  Registrants
could opt out of the 60 day wait but would be disadvantaged in case of a
dispute.

David Maher said the proposal caused such a problem that he even received
death threats.

I personally think the wait is proper.

No death threats, please;-}

BobC