[registrars] Registrars Best Practices Task Force

Fellow Registrars,

The discussion of some of the issues at the ICANN Cairo
meeting that Michael brought up in his mail earlier this week
resulted in the call for the creation of a working group
to address some of these issues.  Somehow, it seems I
volunteered to help try to put something together.

Particularly I think we will be looking at issues revolving
a "Code of Conduct" among registrars, and then some
operational focus on procedures and policies for making
the Registrar Registry system work more smoothly.  There
are some specific issues that the ICANN board has asked
the Registrars to address, such as warehousing and
escrow.

I would like to invite anyone with ideas, or a desire to
do some work on these issues to participate in the
task force.  Some preliminary work has been done on a
draft Code of Conduct already, but the bulk of the work
remains to be done I believe.  In addition to "volunteers"
if someone would like the bring up an issue that you think
we should address in the Task Force, please let me know.

I may not be able to join (or will join a little late) in the
teleconference tonight (for me!) but I wanted to get something
started before the weekend.

Look forward to hearing from you,
Best Regards,
Richard