[registrars] agreements

After speaking with a few of the registrars, we thought it would be a
good idea to submit comments on the agreements to the US Government
House Commerce Committee.  The Oversight Subcommittee of the House
Commerce Committee organized the hearings on ICANN and NSI this past
summer, and has been very involved in the privatization of the domain
name industry.

Based on comments I received from a number of registrars, I revised the
letter (attached) that we submitted on behalf of eight of the
registrars.  The original letter had also been endorsed by a number of
other registrars.

I would like to include this issue as an agenda item for the registrar
call organized by Jeff Field for tomorrow.  I would also like to solicit
support for this letter.  Please let me know via email if you would like
to be a signatory or if you have any questions.

Regards,
Lauren Gaviser
Director, Strategic Initiatives
register.com