[registrars] ICANN Drafting Committee

Most of you know that as part of the ICANN Board's resolutions in Santiago
the ICANN staff has been directed to assemble a drafting committee to prepare
"implementation documents" based upon the model domain name dispute
resolution policy that many of us have been working on the past few months.

Louis Touton, who is organizing that effort, would like to have a participant
from among the registrar community and has asked AOL to play that role.  We
have agreed to have our outside counsel at Skadden Arps sit on the drafting
committee.  Since our role is intended to be "representative," we will be
updating you periodically during the next few weeks about the drafting
committee's efforts and discussions.  And we will look for your input on
changes that are proposed to be made to the current draft policy.

Given the hard work and compromising which has already gone into the existing
draft policy, and our mutual interest in finally having a policy that can be
uniformly adopted by the registrars, we will push to minimize the changes
made by the drafting committee absent substantial, broadly-accepted
justification.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.

Jim Bramson
Counsel
America Online, Inc.
703-265-2267