RE: [registrars] Vote on dispute resolution policy

Amadeu I have some serious concerns in light of what transpired in DC.  In
response to my question about who would be doing the Dispute Resolution
Accreditation, WIPO representatives stated that in their opinion they were
the only ones that have stepped forward and were capable of handling these
matters.  Moreover, they stated that ICANN would at the present time not be
interested in being involved with the accreditation process.  This statement
was made prior to Louie's arrival.  However, under the policy discussed on
Tuesday, multiple dispute providers would be meaningless because the
complainant would ALWAYS get to choose which provider was chosen.  I elected
for a lottery system where each complaint would be assigned to a pool of
Dispute Providers. Jonathan Cohen opted for a process where the defendant
got to choose the Dispute Provider.

I am also greatly concerned about the potential for this policy to be used
to handle other disputes, i.e. Rights or publicity, etc.

Since the meeting in Tuesday I have spoken with several registrars and there
are several that are not willing no subject their customers to the sole
discretion of WIPO panelists. I also found this following answer by a WIPO
official to be very insightful, "WIPO cannot be sued, we are a
intergovernmental agency."