[registrars] Financial support of ICANN

Dear fellow Registrars,

As we have a situation where ICANN have problems with short-term funding we'd like to announce that Port Information System AB (domaininfo.com) will, on a fully voluntary basis, to ICANN donate $1 per domain registered with domaininfo.com and submitted through the new SRS in 1999 and 2000 unless sufficient alternative funding have been raised earlier. We ask all other ICANN-accredited registrars to follow our example.

Registrars that are willing to follow us or make other voluntary funding efforts on ICANN's behalf - please send an E-mail to icannfunding@domaininfo.com and we will publish an official list shortly. Don't forget to notify ICANN <http://www.icann.org/contact.html> in this regard.

Some public information on ICANN's financial situation:
http://cnn.com/TECH/computing/9907/16/icannt.idg/
http://www.news.com/News/Item/0,4,39409,00.html
http://www.icann.org/correspondence/icann-to-doc-19july99.htm
http://www.news.com/News/Item/0,4,38847,00.html

Best Regards,

Per-Anders Hurtigh, CEO

Port Information System AB - domaininfo.com
Lilla Bommen 1
SE-411 04 Gothenburg
SWEDEN

Phone: +46 31 7202010