[registrars] Springtime for Spies and Cops

Dear Colleagues:

En route to Europe I chanced to received a copy of The Daily Telegraph,
"Connected", dated Thursday, 10 June.   The top of each page has the
notation "connected@telegraph.co.uk".

The story on page 4 and 5, title above, deals with a U.S. spy operation at
Menwith Hill in Yorkshire.  Called "Echelon", the operation has set up
International User Requirements for Interception (IUR).  It is a massive
system for interception telecommunications messages, voice and
Internet.  Automated systems watch for key words to permit interception of
specific subjects.

Perhaps the story is on the Web.  I'm copying The Telegraph to see what can
be learned.

Anyone question why NSI is getting the kid glove treatment by the US Gov?

Regards,
BobC, from D.C.

'Ome is where my
        @