[registrars]

RE: [registrars] Brian Cute from NSI is the wrong person for thewhois privacy committee

Tim, I don't understand your point.

Regardless of whether or not it benefits the entire industry, it benefits
NSI.  Do you really believe that the motivation of NSI to drop the bulk
whois requirement was because they were concerned about privacy?  You don't
suppose that it might have anythng to do with the fact that people could
buy their customer list and use it to solicit transfers?

Would Brian have done that if it was not very important to NSI?  Are you
saying that somehow this action is evidence that he would also do things
that benefit the industry and do not benefit NSI? Worse, are you somehow
saying that that it is evidence that he won't support changes the benefit
NSI and harm the industry?

Can you point to a change in the whois or anything else Brian has proposed
or supported that benefited the industry but was bad for NSI?  That might
be evidence that I am wrong.  But remember, there is very little track
record here, less then 4 months.

So Tim, tell us what you think.  Do you believe that Brian would propose or
support a change in anything that was good for the industry but bad for
NSI?

Jim