[registrars]

Re: [registrars] Registrars code of conduct

Bruce,

i agree, developing a code of conduct would be timely. however I have on
issue with what you wrote.

> Given that the ALAC (At Large Advisory Committee) is planning to develop
> a consumer guide to domain names, it would be good timing to reconsider
> a code of conduct.

The ALAC has no reason to comment or develop a "consumer guide to domain
names." The ALAC should not be commenting on anything until a structure is
in place so that a true At-Large may comment.

The ALAC is purely a staff attempt to bring insider views on ICANN topics.
A reasonable position that the constituency show take take is to remind
the ALAC to develop structure and stop providing feedback.

Reviewing the ALAC comment board there are effectively no comments or
discussion, the public is not participating and we should take the lead in
pointing this out and encouraging the GNSO and the board to refocus the
ALAC on purely structural issues and not insider influence.

-rick