[registrars]

[registrars] Nomination of Mark Jeftovic

I'd like to nominate a newer registrar for the whois privacy steering
group - Mark Jeftovic (http://mark.jeftovic.net/) of EasyDNS. Mark is
currently a CIRA board member, operates My Privacy (an antispam tool
designed to prevent registrant and contact email addresses from being
harvest from the Whois) and as one of the founders of EasyDNS, will be
able to bring a unique entrepreneurial perspective to issues of privacy,
accuracy and whois/bulkwhois. It is important to note that Canada also
has enacted strong privacy legislation, so his presence on this
committee will be instructive from the standpoint of having a North
American perspective that has been fortified by having to deal with
Canadian privacy legislation.

There's only one catch - Mark is in the process of joining the
constituency. As a result, I have had to make Mark a temporary
representative of Tucows to ensure that he fully qualifies for
nomination in this election. I expect that this will become unnecessary
when his membership application is processed by the constituency.

If the constituency feels that this is appropriate, I am sure that a
seconder will be found in order that Mark may run against the existing
nominee's from Verisign and Schlund.

	-rwr

[ObDisclosure: EasyDNS is a Tucows customer.]

"In the modern world the intelligence of public opinion is the one
indispensable condition for social progress."
	- Charles W. Eliot (1834 - 1926)