[registrars]

[registrars] Regarding voting rules for task force representatives

Hello Ross,

I checked the by-laws before my initial post.

I saw "elected officers" to mean: chair, vice-chair or CTO, secretary,
and treasurer
(see 3.2.2
of
http://www.byte.org/rc-bylaws-wg/ballot/gnso-rc-bylaws-draft-043003-v3r0
d1.pdf)

I agree that the steering group representative is an "elected
representative".
(ie see 3.1.4 and 3.2 of the by-laws)

What I was not clear on was whether the voting procedures defined in:
http://www.byte.org/rc-bylaws-wg/ballot/gnso-rc-rop-041703-v1r0d0.pdf
which talks about "Elected office", refers to all categories of "elected
representatives" or just the "elected officer" category.

My hope was to get the elected representatives on the steering group
selected before the ICANN meeting in Montreal, and I suggested a fast
track process.  If that is not possible via the new by-laws and rules of
procedure then so be it.  In any case, it would be good to have
consistent use of terminology between the by-laws and the rules of
procedure (e.g perhaps the rules of procedure should use the term
"Elected representative").

Regards,
Bruce Tonkin
Member of the registrars constituency