From: Bruce Tonkin [mailto:Bruce.Tonkin@melbourneit.com.au]
Sent: Friday, June 06, 2003 4:10 AM
To: Registrars@dnso.org
Subject: [registrars] ICANN Announces Whois Workshop Planning Committee
for Montréal

ICANN Announces Whois Workshop Planning Committee for Montréal

Marina del Rey, California USA (5 June 2003): ICANN President and CEO Paul Twomey today announced the appointment of a Workshop Planning Committee to help coordinate a workshop on Whois and related issues at ICANN's meeting later this month in Montréal, Canada. The President's Whois Workshop Committee includes the following recognized leaders in this subject:

Elana Broitman
Marilyn Cade
Steve Crocker
Sabine Dolderer
Robin Layton
Michael Palage
George Papapavlou
Mike Roberts (Chair)
Thomas Roessler

The Whois workshop is intended to initiate a period of discussion within the ICANN community on Whois and related privacy and other issues. The workshop is being held in response to a request from the GNSO Council, and in cooperation with the GAC's work program. Current plans call for a two-part workshop, scheduled for the mornings of Tuesday, 24 June 2003, and Wednesday, 25 June 2003.

For additional details on the ICANN meetings in Montréal, Canada (22-26 June 2003), please visit <http://www.icann.org/montreal/>.

The meetings will be hosted by the Canadian Internet Registration Authority (CIRA). CIRA has posted additional information regarding the area, the meeting, and local hotels at <http://www.icannmontreal.ca/>.