From: Michael D. Palage [mailto:michael@palage.com]
Sent: Monday, June 02, 2003 4:31 PM
To: Elana Broitman; ross@tucows.com
Cc: Registrars List
Subject: ICANN By-Laws and My status as Chair

Elana:

For clarification your assumption is WRONG.

Under article XX, Section 2 paragraph 5 of the ICANN by-laws
(http://www.icann.org/general/bylaws.htm) my term as Director does not begin
until " the ICANN Secretary has received written notice of the selection of
Directors to fill at least ten of Seats 1 through 14 on the New Board."
Hopefully  this will happen at the conclusion of the Montreal meeting.

Therefore, I am still the acting Chair of the Registrar Constituency.
However, I most compliment you and Ross on your timely and some what
coordinated emails. Almost as timely and coordinated as when I nominated Rob
Hall for Chair, and within minutes Ross was asking for a list of members in
good standing. I am glad you both seconded his nomination so there would be
no confusion.

While we are on the topic of clarification, I still do not believe that you
have answered my questions about your role in RegistryPro's ccTLD program.
Since these ccTLDs were acquired by Afilias would you object if I was to ask
Afilias what role you played, if any, and what type of information you had
access to, if any? I believe a third party verification would help remove
any doubt as to your compliance with the new by-laws.

Mike