Sent: Wednesday, May 07, 2003 5:35 PM
Subject: Re: Domain Renewal

Well its real ive been looking around for info myself regarding this. Im surprised no one has heard about it or has talked about it outside of the adult industry. Its a big problem for those who may be affected but there's does not seem to be much talk or info in the search engines.

I was told by a buddy of mine that some domains i have such as xxxxxxxx.com was a 50/50 gamble. But i have tens of thousands invested into building and branding this site for well over a year and this may put me out of biz.

Here is the actual Amendment which was tied to the Amber Alert Bill.
http://www.house.gov/rules/pence.pdf?tag=nl

Under the proposal, a last-minute amendment to an unrelated child abduction bill, people who knowingly use an innocent-sounding domain name to drive traffic to a sexually explicit Web site could be fined and imprisoned for two to four years. An example of an innocuous-sounding domain name with pornographic content is WhiteHouse.com, which is not sponsored by the Bush administration.

This was where the artical was posted.
http://msnbc-cnet.com.com/2100-1023-963110.html?tag=bplst