[registrars]

RE: [registrars] Request to Deny Multiple Votes/Registrar

Ross - your proposed amendment would change the voting process itself and require a vote before we get started on the bylaws.  That would again delay everything.  Right now, we're anticipating 2-3 amendments, max.  This would make for a very efficient/effective process.  Why don't you trust in the democratic process and that the amendment would not prevail because most RC members would agree with you?  NSI, us, others in our position would be able to cast only 1 vote each, so you have even a better shot.

-----Original Message-----
From: ross@tucows.com
Sent: Friday, April 25, 2003 4:08 PM
To: Elana Broitman; 'Registrars Mail List'
Cc: 'Registrars Executive Committee'
Subject: RE: [registrars] Request to Deny Multiple Votes/Registrar

> per the rules we, ourselves, set out all unfriendly
> amendments will need a vote

So do any motions that receive a second. Which leaves us with a bit of
an impasse that precisely proves my underlying point.

The #1 goal of this bylaw revision process was to ensure that we had a
proper set of processes by which we could do day to day things like
*debate* and *vote*. I don't believe that our mandate included changing
the basic constitution of the constituency.

Fairness would dictate that if it is possible for someone to put forward
an amendment that diminishes my voting rights, then it is equally fair
for me to put forward an amendment that restricts their voting rights.

My request to the ExecComm stands and failing that, I would note that I
have not withdrawn my motion on the grounds that it is "cute". Something
this serious requires the benefit of the more stringent voting
requirements set forth in the draft bylaws. Until they are in place, I
consider it highly inappropriate to undertake the ballot you are
soliciting.

                       -rwr

"There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an
idiot."
- Steven Wright

Get Blog... http://www.byte.org/