[registrars]

RE: [registrars] RE: New Bylaws Drafts

> April 24 - April 30: 	Filing of Amendments

I believe that we're in the comment period now so here's one small
comment that I'd like to see adopted for inclusion in the final version
;)

One of my personal goals with this effort was to ensure that the
distinction between members and non-members was very clear and concise
and that the rights of members were equally clear.

I believe that there is one final area of the bylaws that requires
further clarity. Section 2.5 provides a list of which membership rights
will be revoke if a member has failed to remain current with their dues.
The problem is that this list is non-exhaustive (nor do I believe that
it would be practical to prepare an exhaustive list).

So in the interests of ensuring that the bylaws are as self-explanatory
and clear as possible for future generations, I'd like to offer a
friendly amendment to 2.5 to remove the non-exhaustive list and replace
it with "will not be eligible to participate in the business of the
constituency."

My formal proposal is that we amend 2.5 to read as follows;

2.5. The Registrar Constituency may levy reasonable dues on the Members,
based an annual budget approved by a majority vote of the Members, to
recoup the cost of providing services to Members.  Members that have not
paid dues for 60 days or more after such dues are published on the
Constituency mailing list will not be eligible to participate in the
business of the constituency until such time that the have brought their
dues payments up to date.

(unless there is a more elegant way of saying the same thing).

                       -rwr

"There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an
idiot."
- Steven Wright

Get Blog... http://www.byte.org/

http://www.byte.org/rc-bylaws-wg/drafts/recent/

Bylaws v3.0 - gnso-rc-bylaws-draft-041703-v3r0d0.doc
Rules of Procedure v1.0 -  gnso-rc-rop-041703-v1r0d0.doc

This is official work product of the drafting committee. Elana will
provide further details regarding next steps shortly.

Thanks,

           -rwr

Ross Wm. Rader
Director, Innovation & Research