[registrars]

Re: [registrars] Not to sound like an attorney, but...

Hi guys,

We also had a large number of our customers getting these emails. We have
done some more research.

If you look up the domain name domainrenewals.biz
<http://www.internetters.com/whois.htm> you will see that it was only
registered a few days ago on the 16th April.

The registrant details show :
Domain Renewals
Unit 10
287 Regent Street
London W1R 7PB
There are no phone numbers
listed.  <http://www.domainrenewals.biz/contact.htm>.

A quick search on the post code on yahoo.co.uk throws up
www.dotcomavenue.com at the same address
DOT COM AVENUE Suite 10, 287 Regent Street London W1R 7PB

If you look up the domain name dotcomavenue.com the admin details are
<http://www.dotcomavenue.com/uk/contact.htm>.
Administrative contact :
Manager, Domain admin@ultra-server.net
Untra-server.ner
Unit 10
287 Regent Street
London W1R 7PB
+44 0800 052 4860
If you dial the phone number 0800 052 4860 the  response is  "The number is
not available"

WHOIS shows the registrant ultra-server.net to be based in Uruguay:
Alvaro Collazo (ULTRA-SERVER-NET-DOM)
Manuel Oribe 2028
Tarariras, Colonia 7000
Uruguay
+1.7029778198
info@alvarocollazo.com
A search on Google Newsgroups on "dotcomavenue" brings up a whole history
of slamming, etc.
<http://groups.google.com/groups?q=dotcomavenue&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&btnG=Google+Search>

All the emails reported to Internetters have come from a single IP address
81.104.220.53 which is pc2-papw2-4-cust53.cmbg.cable.ntl.com, which would
appear to be a customer connection to the NTL cable network in UK
(Cambridge). We have reported this to NTL and we have blocked the IP from
our mailservers. I note that Spamcop have it in their blacklist also.

Kind regards,

Paul Westley
Internetters Limited
UK