[registrars]

Re: [registrars] Re: Ballot should be secret until the end of the voting period.

At 10:56 AM 3/16/03 -0500, Eric Brunner-Williams in Portland Maine wrote:
>Of course, these notes could be pre-motion exchanges of formative opinion,
>and not the formation of the actual text to be subject to a ballot at any
>particular time.

Dear Eric:  Yes, my original motion was more in that context.  Rick wrote
as follows:

it is not "I" who make the decision, it is the constituency. If you have a
motion to make your should put it forward.

end quote:

I rose to his bait and made the initial motion.  It would be simpler to
consider it as debate during while exchanging formative opinion and going
with what I proposed as the amendment.

Regards, BobC

"One ship sails East, t'other West
in the self-same wind that blows.