[registrars]

RE: [registrars] Structure for new gtlds

Hi,

The NCUC view is something that I would partialy favour too (except for
a few nitty-gritties). I am more towards a - "let market decide and
ICANN Accredit" policy. ICANN could simply lay down rules such as -

* number of TLDs of various types that it is willing to accredit every
year
* minimal financial/technical/business guidelines
* process in case of conflict of applications

Offcourse - this sounds slightly esoteric to me, I am sure significant
issues would need to be addressed apart from just the above. But
nevertheless it is an important topic which we should have a position on

bhavin