From: Bhavin Turakhia [mailto:bhavin.t@directi.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 20, 2003 8:57 AM
To: tim@godaddy.com; 'Patricio Valdes'; 'Gomes, Chuck';
registrars@dnso.org
Subject: RE: [registrars] Canceling Renewals?

And yea - add to that the fact that I have noticed several amount of
fraudulent transactions where a single customer registered 5-6 1 year
names . If we had a delete pending period, we as a registrar would not
have borne any losses on these names which we had to delete after 40
days. However with chucks suggestion where we do a single year
registration - these fraudulent domains would still get thru and still
cause a loss to us.

A longer delete pending period (a period during which a full refund
maybe obtained by the registrar upon a delete) would bring fraud losses
down to almost ZERO, which is a huge boon for registrars (especially
those whose selling prices and therefore margins are low).

bhavin