[registrars]

[registrars] Registrar Constituancy Treasurer Functions Proposed new procedures

greetings ......

I have offered to provide treasurer services to the registrar Constituancy (note: only treasurer functions.. not excom capacity) . these services were provided previously by bryan evans who is no longer a member of the constituancy.

approximately 3 weeks ago my offer was accepted by the Executive Committee (including both bryan & tim denton as well as bruce ) and i am in the process of setting up new banking relationships which will make it much easier to deal with constituancy dues etc.

i am proposing a new system of dealing with the reporting function to the constituancy which should enhance communications & accountability  and make it much easier for each registrar to know where they stand and hopefully resolve many of the dues issues which have plagued us for these many months. it is also very open & transparent ...

here is what i propose to do:

1.the constituancy will receive a monthly treasurers report including an itemized summary of all payments received as well as authorized disbursements paid
2. all receipts for due will be publicly acknowledged to the constituancy within 72 hours of when they reach the bank ( this means that if you dont see an acknowledgement of a payment you thought you might have made then you need to follow up with me by e-mail..

I have recently had requests to provide  both mailing as well as wire transfer account information for the Registrar Constituancy account for Constituancy dues payments. As a result, i opened an account with $100 of my own funds which is not setup to handle constituancy dues payments .

I will be at the washington meeting and am available to answer any questions or inquiries you might have.. I have not yet received the funds from the old constituancy account which bryan has assured me will be forthcoming soon. As soon as the funds are in i will notify the constituancy and we can move on from there..

As a trained CPA (i.e.chartered account) i can appreciate your concerns for both accountability and enhanced communication and hope that you feel that the proposed "system" meets the constituency's need for transparency & accountability

best wishes

ken stubbs
here is the account information..
(Private Information Deleted)