[registrars]

RE: [registrars] RE: ballot games

Nikolaj:

I regret that we disagree on this issue. As the chair I am allowed to
advocate who I believe is the best candidate to represent the registrar
interests and I have a vote like yourself.

Regarding Rick's misappropriation of Registrar Constituency time during the
China meeting, I do not consider that a minor matter. No elected
representative should allocate time to self promote his own software. This
is wrong and I do not know how you can justify this misuse of registrar
time.  During the registrar meeting scheduled for this Friday, the sponsors
that will be giving presentations are all paying for our time. Rick should
be no different.

I personally see nothing wrong with me advocating Henning. In fact Tina Dam,
a former employee of ASCIO, now a consultant with TUCOWS was on the phone
with other TUCOWS employees trying to get out the vote for Elliot. By last
counts it was three against one.

I also have another interesting question for Rick.  I had one registrar that
had paid their dues but which had not registered to vote fax in the form.
Within minutes of that form being faxed to the registrar constituency list a
TUCOWS employee was calling that registrar telling them how I had acting
inappropriately and how they could change their vote.

Listen people are going to vote for who they believe is the best candidate.
I still believe that Henning is the best candidate and I will continue to
throw my full support behind him.

Regarding the extension of time, it was suggested for a number of reasons:
several registrars that were eligible to vote had not yet registered with
the system (AOL, NETEKA, MarkMonitor, to name just a few), some were snowed
in and could not get to work; many people were going to be traveling, the
names council had recently extended its voting period because of the US
Holiday and the bad weather.

Personally, the people that I have been calling I have given a dead line of
Wed 12:00 GMT. The original voting deadline. In fact most of these people
have been submitting their votes via fax.

Best regards,

Mike