[registrars]

Re: FW: [registrars] the iana function

> >The regulators are knocking at the door and there is much truth in the
> >saying "united we stand, divided ........"
>
> Dear Paul:  If I'm not mistaken, that line led to the "Uprising in the
> Colonies", aka "American Revolutionary War";-)

Hmm. Perspectives, like grit, are in the eye of the beholder.

At the Albany Conventions, prior to the Seven Years War, aka "French and
Indian War", the assembled Chiefs of the Five Nations communicated to the
representatives of the English Colonies that it was the strong preference
of the Five Nations to deal with a single counterpart, rather than the
individual colonies. Ben Franklin was present during the Albany Conventions.

During the Seven Years War (which actually is the final distinct conflict
in a series of conflicts between the Five Nations and their allies (Eng.)
and Huronia and the Abenakis and their allies (Fr.)), Ben Franklin published
the "Severed Snake" woodcut, in the specific context of attacking the French
fortifications at Louisbourg. (Again, but you don't need to know that). His
propaganda was well received, and eventually Louisbourg fell to New England
forces (again, but ...). The caption to the woodcut was the stock phrase of
everyone's school history lesson.

Cheers,
Eric