[registrars]

[registrars] Recovery during grace period.

Dear Colleagues:

We were surprised at one aspect of the implementation of the Delete
Redemption system.

As you will remember, when a domain was deleted in the past, it was placed
on registry-hold for five days.  I was expecting that the redemption grace
period would begin after the five days on registry-hold.

We had an inadvertent deletion on 2 February, I caught it within 8
hours.  But it was already on the Redemption Grace status.  Not only is it
costing us $85 now, but the system is flawed.  We completed the Redemption
Report 24 hours ago but the domain is still in limbo.  I called Verisign
just now and was promised an answer in 3 hours.

Any other experiences with Redemption Grace?

Regards, BobC