[registrars]

RE: [registrars] powerdns

Bhavin,

your milage may varry. I've never used bind9+dlz. for those that don't
know DLZ adds a capability so bind9 can (un)load zones without having to
update the named.conf file and HUP the bind9 daemon. DLZ virtual;izes the
zone configuration in the named.conf file.

I like bind9 because it has the ONLY DNSSEC implementation on the planet,
and using bind9 gets one all the stuff to use DNSSEC which is comming.

I put powerDNS in with mydns (a mysql backened DNS server) they are great
but if you ever want to support DNSEC or SIP/ENUM you'll have to use
bind.

If you just want to provide simple manipulation of A, MX, and NS
records dynamicly for DNS hosting either powerDNS or MyDNS will stand up
in a production environment for small/medium sized registrars.

DISCLAMER: I've worked for ISC, the folks that support bind and I have a
           great deal of respect for their programmers.

MyDNS http://mydns.bboy.net/
BIND  http://www.isc.org/
DLZ   http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?forum_id=214617

-rick