[registrars]

<<< Chronological Index >>>        Thread Index >>>

[registrars] Departure Notice

Folks,

I just wanted to drop you an "official" note from me personally to let
you know that after more than three years as a senior counsel to Tucows,
the consulting relationship between Tim Denton & Tucows has been
discontinued effective January 1, 2003.

As you are probably aware, Tim has been active as secretary of this
constituency, contributed to various efforts within the DNSO on behalf
of Tucows and collaborated on Tucows' proposals for the reform of ICANN,
"the Heathrow Declaration" and its follow-ons. Tim brought a level of
insight to our efforts that was extremely valuable to our policy and
regulatory efforts. Tim is continuing his consulting practice in
telecommunications, Internet, spectrum and domain names matters and has
also chosen to continue his role as Secretary of this constituency in an
unaffiliated capacity.

I also wanted to note that this is an amicable parting. Over the past
three years, the regulatory/policy environment and our organization has
evolved to the point where Tucows is comfortable managing these affairs
on an in-house basis. Tim was an excellent addition to our team and a
huge contributor to Tucows successes. We wish him well in his future
endeavors.

                       -rwr

"There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an
idiot."
- Steven Wright

Got Blog? http://www.byte.org/blog/

<<< Chronological Index >>>        Thread Index >>>