[registrars]

RE: [registrars] Transfers TF Report

Ross,

When the overworked, underpaid, executive committee gets around to it we
will put forward revised by-laws with specific procedures. Tim has agreed to
take the lead in the area but he has been buried as of late, as most
everyone else.

Historically, formal votes were rarely done because the procedure was highly
manual, even with the votebot.

With the new software voting should go a lot smoother.

Aside from formal votes on task forces, elected positions, etc. historically
there is generally a first and then a second.

As far as the proposed new by-laws I would propose a little higher threshold
than just a first and a second. I would submit that getting 10% of the
constituency mobilized (about 5 registrars) would be sufficient. The problem
in controversial issues would be two competing groups submitting laundry
lists of issues to be voted upon.

That is why I think the Executive Committee serves as sort of a safety value
to make sure that the ballots are neutral as possible.

Generally before a formal ballot is agreed upon there are various tweaks
made by the executive committee and the names council representatives. In an
effort to increase the open and transparent nature of the executive
committee, names council representatives are also permitted to join the
weekly execom call.

I do not know if it answered your question. Ideally this is far from a
perfect solution but it is the best that we currently have.

Mike