[registrars]

Re: [registrars] SIMPLE QUESTIONS

Michael,

I too am working on a policy proposal - I really don't have the time this
minute to go through your questions line by line and give you substantive
asnwers.If I have some spare time later today, I will, but it might have to
wait until Monday.

> With regard to your question. Yes, I agree that legitimate registrants
don't
> engage in fraudulent transactions. However, the high credit card charge
> backs that plague this industry seems to suggest to me that there are more
> than just a small handful of bad guys. I would further submit that this
> fraud is not limited to just initial registrations, but that it occurs at
> the time of expiration/renewal/transfer

But that's precisely my point. Your chargeback problem is not my chargeback
problem. My registrants should be affected because of the issues that
someone else is struggling with. Given that chargebacks can occur at any
time in the future, any limitations on portability are, at best, band-aid
solutions. At worst, one more irrelevant policy that my support people will
have to explain to my resellers and registrants..