[registrars]

RE: [registrars] Fw: Principles

At 07:23 PM 11/27/02 -0500, Michael D. Palage wrote:
>8.                  English is the mandatory default language for all
>registrar, registry and registrant transfer communications.  Additionally,
>registrars may communicate with registrants in other languages provided that
>the principle of standardization in principle 5 above is satisfied.
>
>COMMENT: I believe that the communication should be in the language of the
>current registration agreement. This is the standard used in UDRP
>proceedings. I believe that this requirement would potentially be volatile
>of French law which requires a French contract. Based upon my consulting
>work with Afilias, there are not that many different languages in which
>Registrant agreements are provided the most common are: English, Spanish,
>French, German, Korean, Chinese, Japanese, etc. I do not see why this
>standard communication could not be translated for the benefit of
>non-English speaking registrants.

Dear Michael:

Further to my earlier posting to Chuck, from the very essential software
standpoint, it won't work as an Email.  Put double byte languages into an
English Email client that they will crumble before your very eyes.

One possibility would be a .jpg, .gif or .tif copy of the double byte texts.

Regards, BobC