[registrars]

[registrars] EPP & Transfers Policy Recommendations

Folks,

I had a conversation with Jeff Neuman today that he requested that I
underscore the importance of with you.

There are number of EPP specific recommendations woven into the fabric of
the Interim Report on Transfers. These recommendations are extremely
important to the Registry Constituency. We, as a constituency, need to
carefully consider the impact of any modifications made to the Interim
Report as it relates to these EPP specific recommendations. He also
indicated that any recommendations made that do not recognize the
fundamental issues faced by EPP-based registries would not likely have the
support of the EPP-based registries. Note that in no way was this intended
as a threat, but rather as an honest reaction to a comment that I had made
concerning the EPP specific recommendations.

Jeff is cc'ed on this post, which means that he will be able to reply to any
specific questions that you might have concerning this statement. It is an
extremely serious issue that we must carefully balance moving forward.

                       -rwr

"There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an
idiot."
- Steven Wright

Got Blog? http://www.byte.org/blog