[registrars]

[registrars] Registrar Statement on .org redelegation

Hello All:

During yesterday's registrar call, there was a general agreement among those
registrars on the call that the constituency should issue a general
statement regarding the .org redelegation process before the Board's final
decision. Because of the potential conflicts within the constituency
regarding certain registrars associated with specific bids, it was decided
that the statement should be broadly based and not advocate a specific
proposal but instead focus on general principles.

It was decided that the original registrar statement made during the Names
Council Task Force earlier this year would provide a good starting point. In
fact after reading it, it appears that many of the RFC documents prepared by
ICANN in connection with the redelegation echo our concerns, particularly
with regard to technical stability. Any way, attached is a link to the
original Registrar statement on the .org redelegation. For those that
expressed an interest in working on this document, I would encourage you to
start here and then share your work with others.

http://www.icann-registrars.org/html%20docs/ORGDIVEST_final.htm

Best regards,

Michael D. Palage