[registrars]

[registrars] Transfer's Task Force Update

When the original Registrar's transfer's document was created, I believe it
was almost unanimously approved but for a small handful of registrars. If my
memory serves me correct VRSN opposed it and RCOM abstained. However, as the
Task Force moves closer to a finished product, there has emerged some
concerns raised by one or two additional registrars.

In Dulles we agreed that because of the overwhelming support in favor of our
original position, that we only needed one representative on the Transfers
Task Force. However, in light of some of the other registrar viewpoints
emerging, we may want to consider using the second position to represent
these emerging views. Because it appears that the majority of the
constituency still supports the original document, Ross would retain the
"single" vote that the registrar constituency has in the Task Force.

I have discussed this with Ross and he has no objections. The Registrar
Executive Committee will discuss this issue and the potential additional
representative next week on our weekly call. If there are people that have
concerns about the current transfers document and would like to potentially
serve as the second Registrar representative, please let the Registrar
Executive Committee know ASAP.

Regardless of these actions, the constituency will still have a final vote
on how our Names Council representatives should vote prior to the DNSO Names
Council taking final action on the task force report.

On another positive note, it appears that in connection with my reminder
email to ICANN regarding the languishing transfers issue, that there may be
a public forum in China to discuss transfers.

Best regards,

Mike