[registrars]

[registrars] Amsterdam Update

The following registrars have confirmed their "physical" participation for
the upcoming Amsterdam meeting. I am attempting to finalize the contract
with the Marriott. However, here is an update of where we stand. As
previously stated the principal meeting will be held all day Saturday. I am
arranging with the hotel to have the telephone bridge integrated into the
microphone system, so that those participating remotely will be able to hear
the other registrars speak, instead of me having to repeat the questions
like before.

The Registrar constituency has received a number of sponsorship inquiries.
In an effort to accommodate the registry sponsors that would like to inform
registrar about new services/promotions and registrars needing to take care
of important business, the following solution has been floated.

On Friday evening from approximately 4 PM - 7PM, we will have a separate
room configured in auditorium style seating with a projector, microphone etc
set up for the sponsors to give 30 min. presentations. Because of budgetary
considerations, this sponsorship segment will not have teleconference
facilities. However, the material that will be presented by the sponsors
will be made available on the registrar web site for all registrars to
review.

I am looking at various teleconference facilities to provide a bridge for
the Saturday meeting, please let me know how many registrars would be
willing to participate via a telephone bridge. Please be advised that I
believe there is a six (6) hour time difference between Amsterdam and New
York. [Bob Connelly please check my time conversions :-)]Therefore, you
would need to be dialing in at approximately 3 AM Saturday morning. Because
I need to reserve the proper number of ports, I need an estimate of how many
people will be participating and from where as the local dial in numbers
will be a significant factor in our consideration.

I will try to provide more information on a finalized agenda shortly.
Perhaps we can even allocate some time during next week 's call after the
Whois discussion to finalize an agenda.

Best regards,

Michael D. Palage

ActiveISP - Steinar Grøtterød
Ascio - 1/2
Deutsche Telekom - Henning Grote
DomainBank - Scott Hemphill
Domaininfo - Per-Anders Hurtigh
DomainPeople - Chris Kruk
DotEarth - John Wong + 1
EPAG - 1
France Telecom Transpac - Christophe Wolfhugel
Gandi - 2
GMO - Richard Lindsay + 1
Internetters - Paul Westley & Ken Sorrie
Markmonitor - Margie Milam
NameBay - Mathieu + 1
Nordnet - 1
PSI-USA, Inc. - Thomas Moerz